The UK cookie law / EU cookie directive, also known as the EU e-Privacy Directive, is more formally known as the “UK Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation”
It became effective in the UK on 26th May 2012.
That’s the date when the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) was due to begin enforcing the new rules.
Who does it apply to?
- EU Cookie Law by Luella Ben Aziza
- EU cookie law info
- EU Cookie Law the definitive guide, Oliver Emberton – silktide
- ICC UK Cookie Guide
- Internet Advertising Bureau UK: How to guide – Email and cookies legislation
- The EU cookie law: What you need to know
- UK Cookie Law
- Video on the new EU cookie law (e-Privacy Directive)